The town Veselí nad Lužnicí lies about 25 km to the north from Třeboň and is a part of The Tourist Region of Třeboň.
The Old Town Hall in Veselí nad Lužnicí
It was built in 1617 in the Renaissance style. The Town Hall burned down in 1764 together with the city archive and was restored with a Baroque facade and a turret with a clock. On the facade, there are the Rosenberg, Schwarzenberg, and Habsburg emblems.
The Fortress Talíř in Veselí nad Lužnicí
On the bank of the Bechyně Creek, close to its mouth to the Lužnice River on the northern outskirts of the town, there is a hill called Talíř separated from the hillsides by a deep moat. A fortress, documented in writing in the 14th century, used to stand here.
Church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross and the Roman Catholic Parish
The church was first mentioned in documents of the holder of Veselí, Vok of Rosenberg in 1259. The oldest part of the church is Romanesque - the portal on the south side of the nave with a Gothic pointed arch. The beautifully made Baroque altars date back to 1690 and 1740. The church tower invites to views of the surroundings.
Blatské Museum the Weis House
The house dates back to the turn of 16th and 17th centuries. The permanent exhibition “Out of the Treasures of the Museum”, presenting art history collections from the 16th to 19th century, is installed in the Weis House. In five halls, there are objects documenting the former life in a small town - small-scale guild production, housing culture and education, there are also showpieces from the religious environment.
Veselí Marshland consists of several villages northwest of Veselí n. L., which have the most preserved original character and where the majority of homestead owners keep their houses in their original form. These are Borkovice, Mažice, Zálší, Klečaty, Komárov, Svinky, Vlastiboř, and Záluží. Rustic Baroque is a term for the unique architecture of southern Bohemia. A typical example of this style is a huge farmer‘s homestead with two richly decorated gables, which are connected to the arch by the arched gate with a small door. The shields of Veselí Marshland are beautifully decorated.
In 1366, the house of Rosenbergs became the owner of the Třeboň dominion. In 1602, Petr Vok of Rosenberg chose Třeboň for his ...
The Tomb of the House of Schwarzenberg is one of the most architecturally remarkable sights to be visited in South Bohemia.
The square surrounded by burgher houses with Renaissance and Baroque facades is the natural centre of the whole urban conservation area.
The most beautiful views into the green and blue landscape and of Třeboň as “on the palm of a hand” are from the gallery of the ...