Používáním těchto stránek souhlasíte s ukládáním souborů cookies na vašem zařízení.


The Theatre of J. K. Tyl

The theatre that now bears the name of J. K. Tyl was built in 1833. An artistically precious curtain with an allegorical scene of the arrival of Apollo with his company to the town, by the painter František Skála from Písek, is a part of the decoration in the theatre.


Full admission90 CZK
Children, students, seniors50 CZK
Family (2 adults + max. 3 children)230 CZK
School groups per person30 CZK

Guided tour every Monday 13:30. Tickets at the Information Centre at Masarykovo Square

Basic Triple-ticket for Buddhist Gallery + Old Townhall Tower + J. K. Tyl Theatre140 CZK
Triple-ticket for Buddhist Gallery + Old Townhall Tower + J. K. Tyl Theatre (Children, students, seniors)80 CZK
Family Triple-ticket for Buddhist Gallery + Old Townhall Tower + J. K. Tyl Theatre340 CZK

The inside of the modern foyer conceals the entrance to the magnificent historic interior of the theatre in the Empire style. It has an exquisite painted curtain, one of the oldest still working in the whole country. The building itself has been here since 1833 and is one of the oldest burgher theatres in existence. It is named after the famous Czech playwright and actor Josef Kajetán Tyl. Czech and international theatre and music personalities such as Otýlie Sklenářová-Malá, Jindřich Mošna, Otakar Ševčík, František Ondříček, Jan Kubelík, Antonín Dvořák and Emmy Destinn have performed on the Třeboň stage.

Puppet theatre

Třeboň also has a long and famous tradition of puppet theatre dating back to 1921. Nowadays the tradition is kept by the Club of Puppet Theatre (Spolek loutkového divadla). For puppet lovers a new puppet scene was opened in 2012 on the site of the original exhibition room Under the Tower (Pod věží).

Mapa:


Výlety ze stejné rubriky

The square surrounded by burgher houses with Renaissance and Baroque facades is the natural centre of the whole urban conservation area.

5m

The square surrounded by burgher houses with Renaissance and Baroque facades is the natural centre of the whole urban conservation area.

5m

In 1366, the house of Rosenbergs became the owner of the Třeboň dominion. In 1602, Petr Vok of Rosenberg chose Třeboň for his ...

117m

In 1366, the house of Rosenbergs became the owner of the Třeboň dominion. In 1602, Petr Vok of Rosenberg chose Třeboň for his ...

117m

The Tomb of the House of Schwarzenberg is one of the most architecturally remarkable sights to be visited in South Bohemia.

1,2km
Routes on this place

Opening Times